Log and Transfer Canon C500 MXF to Final Cut Pro 6 for editing on Mac
Summary: Trouble importing C500 MXF into Final Cut Pro 6? Is there a way I can import Canon C500 MXF files into FCP 6 for editing without rendering? With this awesome guide, you can smoothly import and edit MXF files in FCP 6 by transcoding MXF to Apple ProRes on Mac.
Canon EOS C500 4K Digital Cinema Camera offers a Super 35mm, 8.85-megapixel CMOS image sensor, DIGIC DV III Image Processor and an expansive range of recording and output options specifically for 4K and 2K image acquisition. It can record super high resolution (4096×2160 pixels) videos in MXF format which are seldom seen in the market. Other resolutions such as 2048*1080 and 1920*1080 are also selectable with this C500.
I tried to import my C500 clips to FCP 6 with L&T and I met the “The files are unsupported” message in L&G window. I searched many information to look for the reason and solve the importing problem, but I failed. Many users said that it was likely to be the system. So I have to start to look for a third party converter to convert C500 MXF. to FCP 6 on Mac OS X.
As we know, MXF format is not a common video format like AVI, MKV, MP4, and it is not supported by FCP 6 on Mac. Below is a guide for you to convert C500 MXF to FCP 6 with Apple ProRes 422 codec, then you can log and transfer C500 MXF in FCP 6 for editing smoothly.
Pavutbe MXF Converter for Mac is the best MXF to FCP Converter I have tried out in the past few months. Very simple, no headaches, no worries, no plugins and no need for any unnecessary steps. The most important is that the converted quality is perfect for viewing and editing. (Read also Best MXF Converter for Mac Review)
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
Bellow are the simple steps:
Step 1. Run Pavtube Canon C500 Mac MXF Converter for FCP, click “Add Video” button to load your MXF files directly from your EOS C500 camera, or from a CF card reader, or from the file folder that contains the source MXF videos stored on your computer’s hard disk drive.
Step 2. Select “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as target format for Final Cut Pro (X) under “Final Cut Pro” option. it’s the best format for editing Canon C500 MXF in Final Cut Pro 6.
Step 3. Adjust video and audio parameters. (Optional)
Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bitrate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4. When above steps finished, you can click “Convert” button to start converting Canon C500 .MXF shootings to ProRes 422 for FCP 6 editing. Once the MXF transcoding finished, click “Open” button to get the generated ProRes files.
After conversion, launch Final Cut Pro 6, choose File > Import > Files…, and browse to where you saved the converted MXF clips with multiple audio tracks to. Choose the files that you’d like to add.
Now you are free to log and transfer Canon C500 MXF to Final Cut Pro 6 for smoothly editing.
Good News: Never miss to get Saving up to $44.1, MXF/MTS/M2TS/MKV/FLV/MOV Converter.etc at Pavtube Bundles Deals
See related soultions for MXF video:
- Top 4 Best MXF Converter for Mac Review 2015
- Can FCP X Accept Avid MXF Files on Mac?
- Edit Sony PMW-500 MXF Videos to Broadcast in BBC’s ‘Jupiter
- Import Sony XDCAM PXW-X180 XAVC/MXF in Final Cut Pro X
- Import PXW-X70 XAVC 50Mbps MXF to Sony Vegas Pro 12
- Import Sony F65 Raw MXF Clips to FCP X on Mac
- Transcode MXF to AVI Easily and without Quality Drop
- Transcode MXF to MP4 on Windows and Mac
- Play MXF with QuickTime Player on Mac
- Edit Ikegami MXF Files in iMovie/FCE
- Canon XF300 MXF Read Errors in Premiere Pro CC
- Convert P2 MXF/MXF to MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, ASF, SWF