Summary: Run into some problems when importing Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to FCP? This post displays the detailed steps required to convert AJ-PX380 MXF to FCP friendly format for editing with lossless quality.
The PX380, expected to release in September 2015, will record in AVC-LongG to output on-air content direct from the shooting location and for workflows using content transferred over the internet. The camera will capture at different AVC-LongG bit rates – AVC-LongG50/25 keeps 10 bit, 4:2:2 quality at bit rates of approximately 50/25 Mbps, and the more economical AVC-LongG12 is optimized for wireless field workflows.
After got the Panasonic AJ-PX380 camcorder, many users don’t know the way how to import Panasonic AJ-PX380 recorded MXF to FCP and edit natively. MXF is a special video format and it is often adapted by advanced camcorders, such as Panasonic 4K camcorder, Blackmagic Cinema Cameras, Canon XF series camcorders, etc. This MXF video format is not well supported by editing programs, so you can’t import Panasonic AJ-PX380 AVC Intra MXF to FCP for editing directly. If you need to edit Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF in FCP flawlessly, you’d better convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to FCP well-acknowledged video format.
Well, Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (review) is highly recommended here to help you achieve your goal. It’s an easy-to-use yet professional (P2) MXF converter, player and editor. The program is capable of converting PX380 MXF to Apple ProRes, DNxHD, MPEG-2, AIC, etc on Mac OS X for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems, including Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer 5.5/6.0/6.5, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie and more. If you need to deal with multi-track video/audio files, please refer to Pavtube iMixMXF.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
How to import Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to FCP for editing?
Step 1: Download Mac MXF Converter, and follow the prompts to install the program. When the installation is complete, the best MXF to FCP Converter will launch automatically.
Step 2: Click “Add video” button to load Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. You can delete files which you don’t want to import to.
Step 3: Click “Format” bar to determine output format. For best image quality, click the format bar and choose “Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as output format.
Step 4: Click “Convert” button to start to convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to ProRes MOV format. After conversion, import the converted MXF videos to FCP for real time editing and mastering.
Conclusion: You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. There is no more difficulty in editing Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF in FCP.
- Convert DJI Inspire 1 4K Files to 1080p for Editing on Mac/PC
- Convert Canon XF100 MXF to ProRes 422 for FCP X editing on Mac
- Easily import Sony XDCAM EX Footage to Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, CyberLink, Windows Movie Maker
- Two Ways to Import Canon XF100 MXF to Premiere Pro CS6 for editing on Mac
- Import Samsung NX1 H.265 to FCP X on Mac Yosemite
- Convert/Merge AVCHD .m2ts/m2ts Files from Sony/Panasonic/Canon Cameras
- How to Get MTS/M2TS into FCP X for Editing?