Summay: Though Premiere Pro has announced the compatibility with MP4, people still have problems in importing MP4 to Premiere sometimes, such as “No sound or video when loading MP4 file into Premiere Pro CC?” This article aims to solve the above questions in two parts.
“Hi, I shot a lot of H.264 MP4 videos of a wedding ceremony with my Canon G7 X camcorder. Now, I need to do some edit work in Adobe Premiere Pro CC on Mac Yosemite for providing wonderful visual effects and memorable moments for the couples. However, I was failed on the very first step. I even could not import MP4 files into Premiere Pro CC. What’s the problem? Thank you for any tip!”
H.264 is a delivery format that is not designed for editing. Some people experience no problem editing H.264 MP4 clips in Adobe Premiere Pro, while others are not so fortunate. After searching online, I got some tips on this issue. First, if you can play the file back through QuickTime 7. Simply open the file in QT 7 and go “File>>Save As… >>Save” as self-contained movie and it will now work for Premiere! Second, you can also have a try to simply rename the .mp4 extension to .mpg and expect it to work. I had tried two methods above. Although I could link the videos into Premiere finally, the video quality was totally damaged.
Of course, it’s not what I want. If you are also looking for a frequent and simple solution to edit Canon G7 X MP4 files in Premiere Pro CC without quality loss, I highly recommend Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac(Review) , it can convert Premiere unsupported MP4 to Premiere Pro CC supported MP4; Convert Premiere unsupported MP4 to Premiere compatible other video formats like MPEG-2, FLV, DV and more. And it applies to all kinds of Adobe Premiere including Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/ CS4/ CS5/ CS6, Adobe After Effects CC/CS6, Premiere Elements, etc.
Besides Premiere output, it also offers other professional codecs for NLEs including Apple ProRes for FCP, DNxHD mov for Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, AIC mov for iMovie/FCE, and etc. If you are Windows users, please turn to Pavtube HD Video Converter.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to transcode Canon G7 X MP4 to work in Premiere Pro CC on Mac Yosemite?
Step 1: Install and launch Canon MP4 Converter, and then click “Add video” button to load G7 X MP4 files or directly drag the footage to the program.
Step 2: Choose output format. This video converter offers optimized format preset for Adobe Premiere. Just click “Format” menu firstly and then follow “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” to set MPEG-2 (*.mpg) format.
Tips: If the default settings do not fit you requirement, you can click “Settings” icon to and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
Step 3: Finally hit the “Convert” button; the best MP4 converter will convert Canon G7 X MP4 files to MPEG-2 .mpg for Adobe Premiere Pro CC immediately.
Conclusion: When the conversion process shows in 100%, you can get the generated videos by clicking “Open” button for easier editing in Premiere Pro CC.
- Edit Sony Z100 4K XAVC in Sony Vegas 13
- KMPlayer Cannot Work or Play MP4/H.264 MKV Videos? Fixed!
- Windows Movie Maker Won’t Import GoPro Hero 4 MP4 Files? Fixed!
- How to Play Videos on PS4 via USB?
- How to Stream TiVo to NAS for Playback via Xbox?
- Convert AAC MKV/MP4 movies to AC3 with 5.1 Channels
- How to compress MOV file to MP4 on PC or iMac?
- Decode H.265/HEVC to MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV on Mac Yosemite
- Canon XA20 MTS/MP4 workflow in Sony Vegas, Avid, Premiere, Pinnacle, Cyberlink and WMM
- Transcode MXF to MP4 with multiple audio tracks for playing and editing
- Convert XAVC files to MOV, MKV, AVI, MPG, MP4, WMV, FLV
- Convert BlackMagic ProRes to DNxHD MOV for Making Films
- Import MP4 footage from Sony XDCAM EX into Final Cut Pro
- Convert iMovie Files to MP4 on Mac OS X with Two Solutions
Good News: Never miss to get Saving up to $44.1, MXF/MTS/M2TS/MKV/FLV/MOV Converter.etc at Pavtube Bundles Deals,
such as: HD Video Converter for Mac($35) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = $39.9, Save $30.1