Fujifilm have just announced their new X-T2 compact system camera. As expected it brings UHD 4K video to the Fuji APS-C sensor lineup and it seems that the manufacturer is finally taking video functions seriously. The X-T2 can shoot UHD video at up to 30fps at a maximum data rate of 100 Mbps and it also has a clean HDMI output for external recording and monitoring. It can also shoot HD video at 60fps. There are no faster framerates for slow motion. The full width of the sensor is used for recording so the frame size should be similar to Super35. If you have recorded some 4K video from Fujifilm X-T2, you can import them to Avid Media Composer for editing.
But you may encounter some issues importing and editing Fujifilm X-T2 4K to Avid MC on Mac. Why? Because the Fujifilm X-T2 4K (main H.264 MP4) video format is not the best format for editing in Avid Media Composer. So you’d better convert your Fujifilm X-T2 4K to Avid MC supported best format on computer.
To do the Fujifilm X-T2 4K videos to Avid MC conversion, as well as to keep the excellent quality, you need a professional Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac to be your helper. Moreover, this Mac program has preset for Avid Media Composer. It assist you to:
- Output Fujifilm X-T2 4K to Avid Media Composer optimized DNxHD MOV format in 1 Click!
- Custom and personalize 4K videos with diversified video editing tools.
- Directly convert 4K video files to fit Apple devices and Android devices with optimized presets.
- Supports all popular formats, including AVI, MKV, Tivo, MP4 in 1080p resolution and 4K XAVC-S, XAVS-L, etc.
- Extract Audio: Extract audio from your 4K videos to MP3, MKV, M4V, WAV, etc.
If you are Windows user, windows version is available - Pavtube HD Video Converter. In this article I take Mac version as an example, Window version have the same steps and the functions.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Converting Fujifilm X-T2 4K to Avid Media Composer format on Mac (macOS Sierra also included)
Step 1. Import Fujifilm X-T2 4K video files
Click “Add video” button to load Fujifilm X-T2 4K files which are copied onto hard drive or directly drag the footage to the program. You can check the “Merge into one” box to join several video files together.
Step 2. Select Avid Media Composer as the output format
Hit Format bar to select output format. You can choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)” as output format. It is an ideal and suitable editing format for Avid MC.
Step 3. Start Fujifilm X-T2 4K to Avid MC conversion
When you finish all settings, hit “Convert” button to start transcoding Fujifilm X-T2 4K to Avid Media Composer. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows. After the conversion, it’s freely to import Fujifilm X-T2 4K clips into Avid Media Composer for natively editing.
- Import Nikon Coolpix A900 4k MPEG-4/H.264 footages to Avid Media Composer
- Edit Nikon Coolpix A900 4K with FCP X on El Capitan/macOS Sierra
- Edit Blade Chroma 4K in FCP X with ProRes codec natively on El Capitan
- How Can I Upload Phantom 4 4K Video to YouTube for sharing?
- A Gudie about “How to Edit Samsung NX500 4K H.265 in FCP 6/7”