Sporting a new, higher-resolution 24MP sensor, a faster processor and a beefed-up 45-point AF system, the Canon 80D performs very well on multiple fronts, including better dynamic range and detail a lower ISOs, better higher ISO performance and more versatile autofocus. With Canon EOS 80D camera, you can now have the access to record some amazing footage in H.264 MOV format.
In order to get better videos or more wonderful video files, you may wanna edit Canon EOS 80D with edit videos in software like Avid Media Composer. Avid Media Composer, frequently referred to as “The Avid” is wildly used for professional film and video editing. Well, things you need to know is that Avid MC might not work well with H.264 codec due to the codec is more often used as a playback codec.
To import MP4 files into Avid, you need to convert MP4 to Avid Media Composer friendly format first.you may know that H.264 codec is not good for editing, it is mainly a playback codec, you will need to dop converting jobs when you want to edit EOS 80D H.264 MOV with Avid Media Composer on Mac or Windows.
On Avid official website, it recommends DNxHD or XDCAM codec for editing, and DNxHD codec is the first choice. So if want to get Avid Media Composer work perfectly with MP4 videos, the easy workaround is to convert Canon to DNxHD mov.
From Avid Media Composer website you will get the information that Avid MC best supported video codec is DNxHD codec. In this case, if you want to import Canon EOS EOS 80D H.264 MOV MOV to Avid Media Composer, you will need to convert H.264 MOV video to DNxHD codec for native editing.
How to convert Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec?
You will need to use the powerful and ease to use Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, it can offer you an easy workaround to convert Canon EOS 80D H.264 MOV to DNxHD codec MOV format with superfast speed and lossless output video quality. Besides DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, this software has many optimized formats for other editing software and playable devices including Final Cut Pro X/7/6, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Android tablets, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, HDTV, Windows tablets, etc.(Review) If you are running on Windows, get BrorsoftVideo Converter. Now just, download the program and achieve your goal smoothly.
Free download or Purchase Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Follow the steps below to convert videos to DNxHD codec for Avid MC on Mac.
Step 1. Import your Canon EOS 80D recorded H.264 MOV files into this software, you can directly drag and drop the files, or click import button to select and load the footages.
Tips: After you imported the Canon EOS 80D H.264 clips into the software, you can click play button to view the video in the preview window.
Step 2. Click format drop-down menu to choose output format. To edit Canon MOV files in Avid Media Composer, please select Avid DNxHD as the output format, which is the most compatible format for editing with Avid Media Composer.
1. Customization is available in the software, you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others according to your need.
2.You can also use the editing feature to edit Canon H.264 MOV videos, it is so easy to trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect, remove/replace audio from H.264 MOV video.
Step 3. Click convert button to start the conversion. Just need to wait some time, when the software converted Canon EOS 80D H.264 MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec, you can importconverted files into Avid MC for editing natively.
- Make Sony HX400V MTS Editable in Premiere Pro
- Sony a6300 & Premiere: Edit Sony Alpha 6300 in Premiere
- How to get Avid Media Composer working with AVCHD MTS footage?
- Import media to Avid – Managing your videos, projects, and media onto Avid Media Composer on Mac
- Convert Sony EX3 MP4 to Avid Media Composer
- Import MP4 Files to Avid Media Composer with AMA Plug-ins on Mac El Capitan