Summary: When try to importing Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K video to Sony Vegas/Movie Studio 13, people often encounter some unexpected problems such as audio missing or files not importing. Read this article to find the best solutions.
The DJI-made camera – Zenmuse X5 and X5R are world’s first commercially available MFT cameras specially designed for aerial use. The two cameras mainly differ in shooting capabilities. Both X5 and X5R can capture 4K-resolution video (4,096×2,160 pixels) at 24 frames per second, the X5R can do it in CinemaDNG raw format recording. Video bitrates average 1.7Gbps on the X5R, whereas the X5′s 4K video tops out at a 60Mbps bitrate. That’s just the maximum resolution, too, as the X5 series can also capture UHD- and 2K-resolution video at 30fps and full HD at 60fps.
For Sony Vegas 13 or Sony Movie Studio 13 users, you can make something remarkable such as adding title or music, inserting color correction or transitions with the Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K video before uploading and sharing them on web. However, since the MP4 or MOV format captured with Zenmuse X5/X5R is not the native editing format for Sony Vegas 13 and Sony Movie Studio 13, you will inevitably meet some unexpected problems such as audio tracks missing or file not importing, etc.
You can solve this problem by installing some codecs. However, it is not an easy task to install proper codecs if you are not an expert in this area. Fortunately, there are some application such as Pavtube Video Converter helps you to directly output Zenmuse X5/X5R to Sony Vegas 13/Sony Movie Studio 13 optimized MPEG-2 format with all the profile parameters well setup. For other NLE editing program users, you can use the program to produce professional editing codec from Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K video to edit with Avid Media Composer, Premiere Elements, etc.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to transcode and import Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K Video to Sony Vegas/Movie Studio 13?
Step 1: Add Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K Video to the program.
On the top menu bar of the program, click “File”, from its drop-down list, select “Add Video/Audio” or “Add from folder” to add Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K Video files to the program.
Step 2: Define output file format.
Choose “Adobe Premiere/Son…” > “MPEG-2(*.mpg)” from “Format” drop-down bar to do native editing work with Sony Vegas/Movie Studio 13.
Step 3: Start the video conversion process.
After you have properly set up all the output profile parameters, start the conversion process by hitting right-bottom convert button to convert Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K Video to Sony Vegas/Movie Studio 13 optimized MPEG-2 format.
After the conversion, you can do a remarking editing work with the advanced tools provided by Sony Vegas/Movie Studio 13.
- Edit DJI Phantom 3 Professional 4K Video with Final Cut Pro X OS X El Capitan
- DJI Inspire One 4K Video to Final Cut Pro X Post Editing Workflow Solution
- Downscale DJI Inspire 1 4K Video to 1080p for Smooth Playing and Editing
- Work DJI Inspire 1 4K Videos with Adobe Premiere Pro
- 4K to iMovie: Import DJI Inspire 1 4K Footage to iMovie for Editing
- Transcode DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Video to Avid Media Composer
- Get Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV Files Work Well with After Effects
- DJI Phantom 3 Video Converter — Transfer 4K Video to YouTube