Follow this post you will know the best way to load Olympus OM-D E-M1 MOV/AVI in Final Cut Pro X for editing with ProRes 422 codec.
The Olympus OM-D E-M5 is very good. The Olympus OM-D E-M1 is even better. Everything there was to improve about the E-M5, is clearly better with the Olympus OM-D E-M1. The Olympus OM-D E-M1 is a camera for photographers. Like the Pen E-P5, the E-M1 films in a wide range of video formats, with 1080 HD at 30 fps (.Mov), 720 HD at 30 fps (.Mov, .Avi MJpeg) and even SD formats (640 x 480 pixels).
If you have got the E-M1 and often use it to record HD video, you may have the need to edit Olympus OM-D E-M1 MOV/AVI in Final Cut Pro X on Mac, but the point here, you may find it a painful experience to edit the videos from Olympus E-M1. Well, for most of the Final Cut Pro Users, neither MOV nor AVI can be supported by Final Cut Pro X. In order to edit your Olympus E-M1 MOV/AVI in FCP X smoothly, you should transcode MOV/AVI files to Apple Prores codec, which is best supported by FCP X.
Here, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is absolutely your practical choice to convert MOV/AVI to Apple Prores 422 .mov format. The program supports to create various codec and formats for editing on Mac:
- Formats: TS, MTS, M2TS(Blu-ray), M2T, MXF(partial), MKV, Tivo, TOD, MOD, AVI, Divx, MP4, MOV, FLV, MPG, F4V(Youtube, Hulu, Fox, etc), M4V, DV, VOB, DAT, 3GP, 3G2, RM, RMVB, etc.
- Device Formats: Olympus/Panasonic/Sony/Canon/JVC AVCHD, Olympus/Canon MOV/AVI, Sony HDCAM SR, Sony NXCAM, Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Panasonic AVCCAM, RED.
Guide: How to convert Olympus OM-D E-M1 MOV/AVI recordings to Prores MOV for smoothly editing in Final Cut Pro X on Mac
Step 1: Connect your E-M1 with USB and ingest .mov/.avi recordings to your Mac. Launch and run the best Mac Olympus E-M1 Video Converter. And click “Add Video” or “Add from folder” to import your E-M1 MOV/AVI video files.
Step 2: Click the Format option, and move your pointer to “”Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” to chosse the best codec for FCP X.
Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs
1. If the default settings do not fit your needs, you can click “Settings” button to adjust audio and video parameters as you like. Of course, you should keep a balance on the appropriate video size and best video quality.
2. You can go to the “Editor” botton and get the imported videos cropped, trimmed, flipped, added effect as you want and deinterlace 720i MOV or AVI in the Effect.
3. Many users find their output file is too large. So if you want to to limit the size and length of the video, just press on “Split the selected task” in the main interface by specifying the clip quantity, duration time and file size to cut the selected video file into required video clips.
Step 3. Click “Convert” button to begin to convert Olympus OM-D E-M1 MOV/AVI to FCP Prores .MOV.
After conversion, click “Open” folder to find converted footage, then you can import the converted E-M1 .mov files to Final Cut Pro for further editing on Mac.
This Mac Olympus Video Converter can also convert HD videos for iMovie, FCE, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere, etc on Mac with good quality, what’s more, it supports nearly all Olympus compact cameras, such as convert Olympus E-PM1, E-PL3, E-P3 AVCHD/AVI to FCP 7/X, convert Olympus E-PL1, E-P2, E-PL2 AVI to FCP 7/X, etc. just download the HD Video Converter for Olympus and have a try.
Tip: At Pavtube Christmas & New Year Specials, if you by Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, you can free get DVD Creator for Mac to free burn your Olympus videos into playable DVD on Mac.